Friday, January 20, 2012

life & death

It doesn't matter if you love or hate the Apple company, or if you prefer Windows, or if you think Steve Jobs' company is a rip off...blah blah bullshit, what the fuck ever. One thing is for sure: we all need to remember that we have a set time. One of my "New Years Resolution" was to Be Productive, and his speech reminded me not to lose sight of what I love to do. His speech also reminded me to Be Fearless. So many of us are afraid to be judged, yet "almost everything, all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away at the face of death."




Some of his quotes from his speech that resonated with me:
“If you live each day as if it is your last, someday you most certainly be right.” 
"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know how to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason to not follow your heart." 
"Death is the best invention of life."

So this is a note to myself, once again: Stop wasting your fucking time and do something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment